Monday, November 22, 2010

December Daily 2010

de·cem·ber dai·ly


[dih-sem-ber] [dey-lee]
–noun             –adverb

1. the twelfth month of the year, containing 31 days. Abbreviation: Dec.
1. every day; day by day

Origin:
Ali Edwards 2008 

Last week while I was blog surfing, I came upon Ali Edwards' site and discovered the December Daily Project. I immediately fell in LOVE with it! Its exactly what I've been looking for, to capture the special happenings of the holidays! This is an album created just to document the 25 days leading up to Christmas, or it can be whatever you want it to be. Some people choose to create an album about the 12 days of Christmas or the whole month of December, it's your choice, but it's a GREAT way to capture the holidays all in one place! The idea is to get your album ready before December even starts, so that all you have to do next, is add your photos/journaling throughout the month with no added stress of creating the album as you go, isn't that the perfect scenario?!? It think so!

I stumbled upon this kind of late in the season, since most scrappers start thinking about December Daily in October, but either way, I'm glad I did! I called my mom to get her in on this, since I've been trying to get her into scrapping for the last year or so, and she was delighted to join in! I'm really happy because it's a great way for us to spend time together and start a little holiday tradition of our own. We live 4 hours from each other,  and it's hard to spend so much time together, but when we do, I like to make it quality time.

So this weekend I started creating our albums right away so that next weekend during Thanksgiving break while we're at my parent's, mom and I can decorate our albums together, it's perfect timing! I'm so excited and she is too!! Here they are so far...


 I made both albums out of chipboard that I cut by hand with the good ol' exacto knife and ruler-they are my favorite, trusty tools!

 This is my album, it has 4 chipboard pages with tab separators for each week in December because I decided to make our albums for all 31 days so that we can keep documenting right to the end!

Our albums side by side, as you can see, I wanted to keep them a little different, so mine has the tabs and my mom's just has the chipboard pages separating the 4 weeks. I'm thinking of adding ribbon tabs to her album so that the reader can easily navigate through it and the two will still remain different.

These pages are where we will add our photos and journaling, they are inspired by Ali's pages here. Each page has the day of the week and "December Daily" at the bottom inside a journaling block. The outer boarder is dashed lines to represent a stitched look.

I can't wait to start adding different ephemera to this album to make it come alive!! I already went through all of my holiday stash I've collected through the years and I have A LOT of stuff!!! I will upload our progress as we go so check back! :-)

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

This sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see what you fill them with, looking forward to that post.

Kisha said...

I'm so excited about completing the December Daily! And I really like the pages you're using. Oh and you have inspired me to think more on using dividers for each week..makes sense:) Thanks for commenting on my twitter (it lead me to your wonderful blog). I look forward to seeing your future work:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails