Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I wanted to be sure to wish you all a Happy Valentine's Day!! Today is traditionally a day about love and appreciation towards others with gifts, etc. but I've realized over the years that nothing means more than kind words and acts of love that come straight from the heart. Flowers, gifts, candy and dinner only last for a short time, but the memories are what lasts forever! So enjoy this day with the ones you love and be sure they know how much you love and appreciate them!

Supplies- Floral Patterned Paper: Anna Griffin; Textured Cardstock: Basic Grey; Polk-a-dot Patterned Paper: Studio Calico; Chipboard Letters: Basic Grey; Ribbon; Flowers: Prima; Chipboard Embellishment: ki Memories; Clear Transparency Title & Journal Tag: Me

I would also like to share a couple Valentine"esque" pages that I've recently done.

This first one is a LO about my two cousins, our grandmother and I. The photo was taken at my cousin Lanita's (all the way to the right) surprise birthday party. It was a wonderful night and this picture definitely captured a special moment. This is one of the photos that I will definitely cherish because there's really no other image that has been taken like it (atleast recently since we've all grown older).

I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 to alter the photo just a bit. I wanted the subjects to stand out in the foreground so I selected the background, made it black and white
and blurred it just enough so that there are no clear images that are noticeable. I love all of these women to death and they are definitely a few of the prettiest ladies I know! The color scheme I chose is great too! When I recieved the floral patterned paper from Studio Calico I was in LOVE! I think this paper looks great with the mix of white, blue, green, red and a pop of light pink! The floral pattern is very modern and chic which makes this layout fun and pretty! I also used my new BossKut Gazelle to creat the red heart die cut that I zig zag stitched ontop of another decorative heart design that I created by hand. The machine stitch definitely give this layout a handmade feel. I LOVE handmade! Also, one more important element to note on this layout is the floral chipboard that I adhered to the bottom right hand corner of the picture which is from k.i memories, but the original prints where designed by my long time friend Christine! She's an AMAZING print designer working in NYC and when I recieved this package of chipboard embellishments from her I was so excited and taken back! It's very meaningful to use such elements on LO's that I will cherish forever!! Thanks again Christine!!

 The next LO is one that I created about Chris and I of the good times we've had together the last 3+ years. He's a loving husband who's smart, funny and great to be with! I'm very happy that we chose eachother! With this LO I wanted to make the solid cardstock in the background more interesting so I stamped along the edges using a scroll butterfly stamp. I also made 1 of the 4 photos black and white to create a bit of contrast and interest with the subjects. The title reads exactly how I feel...that we are "Better 2gether", inspired of course by the Jack Johnson song Better Together. Love his music. Until next time...Take care and enjoy your loved ones today and always! :-)

Supplies- Solid Cardstock: American Crafts; Patterned Paper: Basic Grey; Ribbon; Buttons; Letter Stickers: Pink Paislee; Chipboard Letters: American Crafts; Clear Stamps: Studio G; Paper Flowers: Prima

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails