Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Sunday!

Hello All!

Hope you all are enjoying your SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!! Today I heard something interesting on tv regarding this very special day...they said that today has become an unofficial holiday, which seems to be true, since millions of people throw parties which usually last all day & all night (all in the name of football). So maybe it should be a holiday...and everyone should get Monday off right!?! (Yeah only if it were that easy). So the big question is...who are you guys rooting for?? I was originally in favor of the Colts...(only because the Patriots aren't playing) but I started feeling like I should be more in favor of the under dogs, the Saints not to mention all that New Orleans has been going through the last few years. So my fingers are crossed...GO SAINTS!

Anyway, moving on...lately I've been feeling like I need to do more scrapping. I haven't been creating layouts much, I've been focusing on the scrapframes more (which I love) but I need to continue creating memories for myself and my family, most importantly. Here is a new layout I created using a lot of elements from some of my many Studio Calico kits. This layout features my grandmother with her 2 great grandsons.

I added a lot of personal doodling to this page, which I don't normally do, but I like how it adds a more personal touch. I also added stitching (using a black micron pen) to make the edge of the die cut background paper and the letter stickers stand out on the page. It definitely gives a crafty feeling. Take a look...



Supplies; Solid Textured Cardstock: Studio Calico; Patterned Paper: October Afternoon; Brads: Studio Calico; Letter Stickers: All About Alpha-Making Memories; Die Cut Background Paper: Melissa Frances; Lace & Buttons (suppliers unknown)

I'm also SUPER excited because today my husband and I went to Ikea to get a work table for me so that I don't have to constantly have my crafts spread across the kitchen table! I chose something that was very economical and works great for my space! I'm LOVING IT!!! I will post some pictures of my area soon, once everything is straight and organized! I feel like the little space I've created in our 1 bedroom apartment is slowly taking shape and becoming my little crafting oasis!! Its definitely become a motivational boost for me! Yeay!

Do you have a neat crafting area that you are proud and happy to work in?? If so, send me a comment with the link so that I can check it out! I love to see where others get creative! Maybe your craft rooms or spaces will give me some inspiration to help me finish mine! I look forward to checking them out! :-)

Have a goodnight!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails