Supplies- cardstock; bazzill, patterned paper; sassafras & basic grey, rhinestone flourishes; prima, mini metal brads; making memories, distress ink; ranger/tim holtz, lace trim, thread & cameo embellishment; other
Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! Today I wanted to share my newest creation. This is a love card that I made using some papers from my Studio Calico Metropolitan kit and some of my own supply stash. It's girly and cute with a hint of vintage. I also did something a little different by off setting the title to overlap off of the side. It adds a bit of interest, you know!?! *wink*
1. Make card from cardstock
2. Print sentiment on contrast colored cardstock and cut to tag shape, ink edges. Then cut another tag out of the same cardstock used to create card, but 1/8" lager and use this one as the tag border. Attach with 2 mini metal brads on either end and add rhinestone flourishes. (put aside)
3. Cut patterned paper 1/8" smaller than size of card and distress edges.
4. Fold down top right corner and secure with a mini metal brad.
5. Cut strip of a coordinating patterned paper to adhere to bottom edge & stitch a piece of lace trim on top edge. (lace trim is distressed with ink)
6. Sew 2 rows of wavy lines around both pieces of patterned papers to add interest and adhere to card.
7. Create a bow with the lace trim and sew a cameo embellishment to bottom center, adhere to card.
8. Attach tag/sentiment to card using foam squares to add dimension.
Finished size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"