Monday, August 23, 2010

Good Quality Time

Happy Monday!


Hope everyone had a great weekend!


My weekend was pretty low key. The hubby and I decided to stay in on Friday night and make buffalo wings with homemade chunky blue cheese dressing, instead of going out to buy it! It ended up being a FAB idea because was saved money and the wings w/ blue cheese was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! That was the first time I've even attempted to make a salad dressing from scratch and we were pleasantly surprised with the outcome! I definitely recommend the recipes and will post them both soon! We were able to spend some quality time cooking together and enjoy the yummy results! Two thumbs up!!


On Saturday I tried to hit some thrift stores for some inspiration, but unfortunately the list of stores I found online, must have been really outdated. I guess I should have called the stores first to see if they were open, but of course I didn't and proceeded to drive to 2 stores that were no longer there and 1 that only had second hand clothes and jewelry. I was looking for more product and didn't find it. Hmmm...I'm going to have to research my next trip a lot better. Does anyone know of any great thrift stores in NY, there has to be tons!? Preferably within the 5 boroughs or LI??


I'm also happy that I was able to fit some creating time in this weekend and I was very happy with the results. Sometimes when I finish a project, I feel like it's not as great as it "could" be, but I guess that's just me being hard on myself. A trait I've always had since I can remember. Not good, but working on it. I need to learn to just create and be happy with the end result. One day...


I wanted to share a recent Friends card that I made using the Studio Calico kit- Granny's Cupboard from May. Take a look;

Supplies; Textured card stock- Bazzil; Patterned paper- C-thru Ruler Company & The Girl's Paperie;
 Transparency- Hambly; Title- Dymo Letratag; Flower stamp- Studio Calico; Ribbon- Other;
Rhinestones- Other; Decorative brads- Pink Paislee; Distressing ink- Ranger Tim Holtz


For this card, I inked the edges of patterned paper and then stamped a flower image onto it. I drew some stitch lines in the form of stems and leaves with a thin black marker pen and then glued rhinestones to the center of the flower stamps to create a floral bunch. I placed lace on the bottom edge of  the patterned paper as a decorative border. For the title I inked the edges of another square piece of patterned paper, placing it diagonally with decorative brads. Then I used a decorative transparency with textured card stock placed behind the transparency and typed the word "Friends" using my Dymo Letratag and placed it between the textured card stock and transparency. I then punched small holes along the top part of the patterned paper (about every 1/2") and threaded a twill ribbon through making knots on both ends to hold it in place. Finally I adhered the whole piece of patterned paper to the actual card to create a clean finish and no mess on the inside.

That's it for today, I'm on my way to work for an hour and then headed to Ohio on business until tomorrow night. Have a great Monday! Until next time-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails