Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Best Friend

 Yesterday afternoon, I received the beautiful card above from my best friend Jill. It was totally unexpected, but definitely made my day (again, its the little things in life that make us smile). We spent part of our weekend together, and the card was a thank you note for the time we shared. As the front says; happy friends day, and the inside reads; I just made that up 'cause I wanted you to know how special you are to me (along with a personal note of encouragement). I definitely felt special to have received something so thoughtful and I'm so lucky to have her in my life!

Through all of life's difficult times and challenges, one thing remains important- that we have our best friends. They are the kind of friends that will always be by your side, through good times and bad and through all of life's ups & downs. They are happy for you when your happy and they are supportive of you when life doesn't work out the way you expected. There's no conditions, there's no expectations, they love you unconditionally and would never turn their back on you. Good friends pick you up after a fall, wipe the tears from your eyes and help to send you on your way, because they know you can do it, they know you have the strength and courage but also plan to be there every step of the way to help you through it. So when life gets too tough, or almost unbearable, this is what I'm MOST thankful for, for a wonderful friendship, that withstands the test of time, through grade school to real life and everything in between. We may not have been as close at times, but the bond still remains the same. We can pick up the phone, or grab a cup of coffee after an unspecified amount of time, but still be right back to the way it was- where it all started so many years ago. I love her for her thoughtfulness, for her caring ways and most of all for her strength, because without my best friend, life would be incomplete, in so many ways!

Over the years she's taught me a lot, and I believe I'm a better person with her friendship. And though there may not always be time to stop and be thankful for the amazing people in our lives, I wanted to take the time today to thank my best friend of 21 years (that's right, 21 years!!) for always being by my side and lifting me up when I need it the most. I love you. xoxo



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails